Wednesday, April 8, 2015

#50 - New York Prime (Steakhouse)

Parking
Once your find the parking garage, there are arrows on the ground leading you to the entrance... arrows that we completely missed.  Thank goodness for patient security guards.

Ambiance
You are hit with the familiar scent of cigars AS SOON as you walk in, which can be a major turn-off for some, but I was able to ignore it.  We awkwardly waited near the bar for the maitre d and after a minute or two, we were taken to our table. Upon sitting down, I realized just how beautiful the restaurant is; the details, the lighting, the seemingly choreographed way the servers navigated through the dining room, and of course, the presentation at the surrounding tables.

Service
When I say our server was incredible, it feels like it only scratches the surface of this man's dedication to his job.  He was genuinely friendly, attentive, and helpful - as were the other servers that checked up on us throughout our meal. 

Food
I ordered the Pan Sauteed Redfish Amadine with Crabmeat and a side dish of asparagus with hollandaise sauce while my boyfriend ordered the New York Strip and a side of creamed spinach.  I will be the first to admit that I was ignorant to the fact that "amadine" meant COMPLETELY DRENCHED IN ALMONDS... because there is no way on God's green Earth that I would have ordered that dish had I been privy to that information. As a side note - when in doubt, ask your server.  Once I toppled over Mount Almond, I found that my palate was overpowered by butter rather than redfish; I guess that's what I get for ordering seafood at a steakhouse.  My boyfriend's New York Strip, on the other hand, was ahhhhhhhhmazing! I'll be sure to follow his lead from now on. Our side dishes were delicious as well and I HIGHLY recommend the creamed spinach! Mmmm! 

Final Thoughts
Obviously, I should have asked some questions about my dish prior to ordering, so I can only fault myself for that mishap. Other than my fishy fiasco, I had a wonderful experience at New York Prime and would recommend it for special occasions.  I say that because it was easily the most expensive 2-person meal either of us had ever had... but my boyfriend swears his steak was totally worth $52. 

Men and their meat... *rolls eyes* 

No comments:

Post a Comment